Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dividend Play: Altria

On Friday, I decided to add to my position in Altria. I could not resist the 7% dividend this stock now offers. I was actually looking to add Chevron or Exxon Mobil, but settled back on Altria. The stock is down 10% since April, and I believe this to be unwarranted.

So, now I am done with my initial dividend portfolio. This portfolio currently makes up only 5% over my overall investment portfolio. The other are in mutual funds. The dividend portfolio includes Fifth Street Corporation (FSC), McDonald's (MCD) and Altria (MO). The later to are setup in DRIPs, so I look forward to seeing the shares grow over time. Also, when finances offer, I will add to these positions.

I am actually contemplating increasing this portfolio's value in my overall investment approach. I would like to to be at least 50%, so that it will produce a generous income when the time comes to live off our investments.

No comments:

Post a Comment